Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life With A Newborn Part 1

Well, since it's been a while there are TONS of pictures to post so I'm doing this all bit-by-bit! :D



Well, Will was born on Monday, January 25, 2010 and on Tuesday Bellah had to leave school early with a fever that didn't get better. By the time we got home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, Bellah had been to the doctor who informed us that there was a Pertussis (Whooping Cough) outbreak going around and she had all the symptoms and so she needed to be quarantined away from the baby (since if he got it he could die...). And since the test results took 5 days (I KNOW!) before we would know if she was positive, you can imagion how wonderful those first few days were...



The test ended up coming back negative (though about 3 months later she got it for real!) and the quarantine was over! (THANK GOODNESS!) She was dying to hold him, so we set her up on the couch and let her see what being a big sister was all about!



Will Newborn:



She immediately thought he was the coolest thing since sliced cheese (which she still does!) and enjoyed being a big sister!





Sisterly love!










If we put Will down anywhere, Bellah was right there trying to play with him. She lovers her little brother soooo much! :D













Will One Month:


Babies are wonderful and so cute when they sleep... and sleep... :D





When I had Bellah at Darnell (Fort Hood), the nurses tought me a way to swaddle that I had never seen before (and still never see) in which the baby's hands are next to his face instead of by his side... the way they are in the womb... So both my babies have loved being swaddled like this... :D




Once Will got a little closer to 2 months, I was able to dress him properly for church! :D No suits yet... they don't make them in baby size... :( [just 12 months and up!]



I'm wondering if Austin Powers is going to be one of his favorite movies! ;)



It seems that babies inherently know how to box!! ;)






By three months, will was holding his head up pretty well! :D








This is one of my favorites!! He's soooo cute! Just like his daddy! :D




Gigi, (my mom), got him an elephant which he LOVES! Up until around 6 months it was the only way we could get him to sleep... Will LOVES to have his face covered when he sleeps and so we would put this elephant next to his head and the ear over one of Will's eyes and he would turn his head and nestle in the elephant's ear and pass out - THANK YOU GIGI!! :D




We went to visit Gigi for Easter... here's some pix (more to come later).



Soooo hungry!



So I LOVE the newborn-baby stage of life... I love nothing more than to be with my babies and watch them grow. I've been blessed to have babies with sweet cries and good temperments and I am grateful that the Lord has sent me these sweet angels to love and teach.


More updates coming soon... we have soooooooo much to catch up on!


Love ya!


DB, JB, BB & WB











1 comment:

Joyce said...

You need to be DJBWBoyd....thats how I roll=)

HP