Sunday, March 8, 2009

Captain D Boyd

Helloooooo everyone! :) This last week was a very exciting (and busy) week! On Thursday, David finally had his promotion ceremony for Captain.

I took the morning off work to go and pin my hubby for his new rank. :o) They had an official welcome back ceremony for his company and another company that came back that came back at the beginning of February. It was out side and crazy windy! I swear I almost fell over a couple times!! lol
This is right before the ceremony - David was trying to get his pin off his hat so that I could put his Captain rank on the hat (b/c the Lt Col. was pinning his chest)- he was having some technical difficulties. :o/
That's Colonel Andresiak about to pin David's rank on him - he's a big guy! :o) I told the colonel to punch his rank on, but he said he'd let me do that. David was grateful - I'm sure! :o)


Here he is, Captain Boyd - no more "L-T" Boyd. Wahoooooo! Soooo happy!


Now, if we could just get him a civilian job - that would be awesome! We have 3 months left in the Army, so wish us luck! Thanks for the support you guys have given us - we LOVE our family and friends! :o)

Love,


DB, JB & BB

2 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Wow you guys look so cute. I like your hair Julie. Maybe we will see you sometime soon since Jessica is back in Georgia now.

Amanda said...

Congrats and good luck on the civilian job thing!

HP